~ Seeking the Brightest Minds in the Tourism Industry ~
- Assistant Manager, Marketing
The Assistant Manager’s job involves assisting the president in developing, establishing and maintaining marketing strategies to achieve the objectives of the company. The key role is to provide support to the senior management in effectively managing the company’s advertising, promotional and marketing activities. Essential job functions include:
- Overseeing creative development, production and implementation of all marketing communications such as websites, brochures, advertising and social media promotional material.
- Generating various complex and specialized correspondence, press releases, articles, memos, agendas, orders, reports, forms, manuals, and other relevant promotional materials.
- Implementing marketing plans including placement of advertising and development of annual marketing budgets.
- Maintaining current knowledge of related trends and developments to assist with generating ideas, researching, fact-finding, coordinating and preparing reports to expand existing markets and develop new marketing opportunities.
- Compiling ongoing marketing statistics through the use of surveys, interviews and analytics and providing monthly reporting and analysis to management.
- Representing the company in public relations and at trade functions.
Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in business administration, marketing, tourism, hospitality, recreation, journalism, communications, or related field and considerable experience in marketing, tourism, and media, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of marketing and their administration.
- Ability to effectively use strategic planning, leadership skills, community assets, financial acumen, industry knowledge and relationships, and evolving tourism and marketing practices.
- Ability to operate standard office and computer equipment including ability to operate specialized software.
- Skill in the use of social media.
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Copy writing and editing skill.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors and outside service providers.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel out of town on short notice.
What We Offer
- Salary range $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience & qualifications
- Performance based year-end bonus
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health benefits
- Pleasant and intellectually stimulating workplace
If you meet our requirements, please send a brief note to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a link to your LinkedIn account
We thank all applicants in advance but only those we are interested in will be contacted.