You do not need visa to go on a tour with us to Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand or Singapore.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months on intended date of exit – the passport must have enough blank Visa Pages for the visa itself and stamping on entry and exit.
- Completed visa application form (must be completed on a computer, see completed sample).
- A recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background (size: 48mm x 33mm) – do not cheat or you’ll hurt yourself!
- One copy of round-trip international air itinerary.
- One photocopy of the passport page bearing your photo.
- Hotel confirmations or letter of invitation from China – this will be furnished by Laurus Travel.
What should I watch out for when filling out the visa form?
- If you never had a legal Chinese name, please answer N/A.
- If you are a married woman using your husband’s surname, you do not need to mention your maiden name under “Other or Former Name”.
- You do not need to mention all the cities. Listing two of them is adequate. In most cases, these should be the points of entry and exit.
- If your trip includes Tibet and you want to arrange your Chinese visa yourself or through another agency, you must contact us first or else you will be responsible for any difficulty you’ll run into.
When should I apply?
You may apply anytime you like although we do advise guests going on a tour with us to wait till the balance due date. As a Canadian or US citizen, you’ll be automatically granted a multiple visa (each visit is limited to 60 days) which can be valid for up to 10 years from the time of issuance assuming your passport is valid that long. A single entry visa costs the same as a multiple one and the application requirements are the same.
Where should I mail the application to?
Canadian applicants are to deal with our Vancouver office while American customers would be directed to our partner agency in California after payment is settled with us.
How long would I have to wait before getting my passport back?
Within 8 business days upon our receipt of your application in good order. It takes 4 business days for the visa to be issued and we need another 4 business to retrieve and return your passport. For a fee, rush service is available but same-day service is not. We’ll return your passport via Canada Post Xpressport in Canada and USPS Priority Mail in the United States.
How Much does it cost?
- CA$180 (plus $10 for single applicant) for those going on a China tour with us. GST included.
- CA$200 (plus $10 for single applicant) for those not going on a tour with us. GST included.
- Cost breakdown: Visa fee $100, CVASC* fee with GST $42, our fee $38 or $58 including shipping, handling and GST.
* CVASC stands for Chinese Visa Application Service Centre – sole agent appointed to act on behalf of the Chinese consulate. Applicants in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa can save money by going direct to CVASC or the Chinese embassy (Ottawa). However, be prepared for long line-up and rejection. It is not uncommon for some applicants to take two or three trips just to get their applications accepted.
- US$200 (plus $10 for single applicant) for those going on a China tour with us.
- US$230 (plus $10 for single applicant) for those not going on a tour with us.
- Cost breakdown: Visa fee $140 plus our fee including shipping and handling.
Discount is available for customers who pick up passport on our premises as well as for parties of three or more applying at the same time and sharing the same return address.
Visa Form Printing
The blank visa application form provided by the Chinese government may be over-size for your printer’s default setting. The top and bottom of Pages 2, 3 and 4 can get cut off if you don’t resize the form for printing. Google’s Chrome is the best browser as it automatically selects “Fit to page” for printing. With Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari and Firefox, you will have to adjust the printer setting for desired result.
If you apply for Chinese visa in Canada or the United States where you don’t hold citizenship, you must provide the original and a photocopy of your Canadian Maple Leaf Card or US Green Card to prove your resident status.
Former PRC Nationals
If you are a former Chinese citizen applying for Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide the last Chinese passport you held and a photocopy of its data page.
If you obtained Chinese visas before and apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present a photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separated from the data page, as well as a photocopy of your previous Chinese visa.
If your name in the current passport differs from your name in the previous passport, you must provide an official document stating the name change.
Applicants Born in China and of Chinese Ancestry
Applicants born in China including Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau, must provide their name in Chinese characters in the appropriate box on the visa form. They must also provide a photocopy of their citizenship ID or an expired passport in addition to the current passport.
scroll down for more
Tibet Entry Permit
This is a visa in addition to the visa that allows you to enter China and must be obtained prior to arrival. Tibet Tourism Bureau, a government agency, is the only organization in charge of permit issuance, but it only accepts applications submitted by locally licensed travel agencies. By government regulations, foreigners visiting Tibet must work with a local travel agency and hire a guide during their entire stay in Tibet. Independent travel is banned.
If you are going to Tibet on a tour with us, all you have to do is to provide us with a clear copy of your passport and Chinese visa. The Permit fee is included in the tour price. If your trip includes Tibet and you choose to apply for the Chinese visa on your own, you must contact us before submitting your visa application.
We are unable to help independent travellers or those going to Tibet with other travel companies.
- Chinese Visa Application Form
- Completed Chinese Visa Form Sample
- Chinese Visa Offices in Canada and USA
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar & Bhutan
Visa fee US$25
Effective February 1, 2017, visitors from 40 countries including the United States and Great Britain will be able to apply for Vietnam visa online at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ and https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/. Letter of Approval (see below) is not required. Unfortunately, this service is not yet available to Canadians and Australians.
Canadians and Australians or any other nationals coming on our Vietnam tours who are not allowed to apply online should obtain their visa on arrival. A Letter of Approval from Vietnam is required and will be furnished 3 weeks prior to your arrival.
Although you may apply through a Vietnamese embassy prior to arrival, we advise against it because visa on arrival is simple and more cost-effective. The fee must be paid in US dollars and in cash only – no other currency or form of payment is accepted.
Visa fee $30
This is the fee you’ll pay if you apply on arrival. The Cambodian government has a website (https://www.evisa.gov.kh/) to handle applications online but the website doesn’t seem very reliable. If you can get your visa online, you’ll be charged $7 extra for the convenience, which they call processing fee. No matter which route you choose, a letter of approval or invitation is NOT required. If you do it on arrival, please bring a photo of passport type.
Cambodia Departure Card
The card given to you together with the Arrival Card should be kept until exit. Please ensure you won’t lose it.
Visa fee US$30 to $42 depending on your nationality
Please wait till arrival to apply for visa and be sure to bring a passport type of photo. No letter of approval or invitation is required.
Visa fee US$50
You can and should arrange your Myanmar visa online prior to arrival. The secure website is hosted in Singapore for credit card payment processing. The e-visa is called Entry Visa Approval Letter, based on which an Immigration Pass will be issued to you on arrival. Please bring a passport type photo just in case.
Please contact us for detailed information.